At L’Elite, we are dedicated to providing our clients with healthy hair services. In order to have healthy hair, it is important to start at the base – a healthy scalp. Scalp care is essential in having healthy, optimal hair growth.
In the era of dry shampoo, we find ourselves washing our hair less frequently. By doing this, we are letting our hair follicles clog up with product buildup, sebum, and skin flakes. A scalp treatment, and/or therapy, can help remove debris and sebum from the scalp while balancing and restoring the pH of the scalp. Find which scalp treatment will work best for you.
Why Get a Scalp Treatment?
Scalp treatments are one of the most underrated services at any salon. Think about it: if you want healthy hair, doesn’t it make sense that you need to nourish the foundation at the scalp? So many people live with poor scalp health, but there are plenty of ways to treat and prevent that while also indulging in the pampering aspect of visiting a salon! There are so many benefits to getting a scalp treatment – here are my top 5 reasons:
- Relaxation: I think we can all agree that there is nothing like a good scalp massage. The effects are immediate and extremely relaxing! I don’t know about you, but it’s definitely my favorite part of salon visits. A scalp massage can even prevent and get rid of headaches, which is reason enough for people with chronic headaches to get this service done. During a scalp treatment you’ll receive a good, long scalp massage as they apply the leave-in conditioner. Try not to fall asleep, because you’ll want to stay awake to experience every second of this glorious massage!
- Unclogs hair follicles: Just like the rest of your body, hair follicles on the scalp can get clogged with a variety of substances. The most common is sebum, which is your natural oil that is secreted from the sebaceous gland in the hair follicle. This oil combines with dirt chemical residue from hair products to clog those pores right up. Scalp treatments are a great way to clear them out and reset the sebum levels. The products used in a scalp treatment combined with the gentle exfoliation and scalp massage will help to unclog any buildup in those hair follicles, which then allows the follicle to release its natural conditioning oils. A healthy follicle means healthy hair growth!
- Stimulates blood flow: The exfoliation and massage portions of a scalp treatment help to stimulate blood flow to your scalp, making it easier for blood to reach your follicles and deliver important nutrients. The hair that grows out of those nutrient-rich follicles will be healthy and supple! Again, a healthy follicle means healthy hair 🙂
- Gets rid of dandruff: No one likes an embarrassing dandruff problem… Dandruff can be a result of either too much oil production or too little. If your scalp is producing too much oil, it irritates the scalp and causes flakiness. If it isn’t producing enough, that dryness will also result in irritation and flakiness. A scalp treatment will involve some exfoliation to get rid of all that dead skin, leaving a layer of fresh, healthy skin behind. You’ll also get a leave-in conditioner applied, which lubricates and moisturizes the scalp to promote healthy hair growth.
- Prevents thinning and hair loss: Clogged follicles can result in a lack of hair growth. When you unclog those follicles and reset the sebum production levels, your hair has a chance to grow back much healthier! Some scalps require special products to remove an excessive amount of build-up, and some will even require medication. But if caught early enough, a simple scalp treatment done regularly can promote the growth of thicker, healthier hair.
Whether you have dandruff problems or you just want to relax and unwind, come to L’Elite Hair & More Beauty Studio.